KSM-65 – Soviet coastal artillery gun. Developed by the design bureau of the Sverdlovsk Plant No. 8.
On April 16, 1951, according to a letter from GAU, the design bureau of the Kalinin Plant began work on the creation of a 100-mm coastal gun based on a 100-mm anti-aircraft gun KS-19. The work was supervised by L. V. Lyuliev. By September 1951, the production of an experimental batch of KSM-65 from four guns was completed. In the period from 20 to 25 September, the KSM-65 gun passed factory tests. From December 11 to December 27, 1951, prototypes of the KSM-65 passed state tests. In July 1953, by the decree of the Council of Ministers of the USSR No. 1743-675 and by the order of the Main Command of the USSR Navy gun KSM-65 was officially adopted.
On November 19, 1951, by a decree of the Council of Ministers of the USSR, mass production of the KSM-65 guns began. KSM-65 were produced until 1956. In 1953, not a single gun was manufactured, since the KSM-65 was officially accepted into service in 1953.
Description of the structure
KSM-65 was a four-wheeled platform KMU-65, on which the cannon was installed. The platform had eight retractable openers for fixing in the firing position. To level the installation in a combat position, screw jacks were used, installed on the central beam and folding stops. The sweeping radius of the gun was 5400 mm. Targeting was carried out with the help of the Zalp-B1 artillery radar, as well as a panoramic view of the PMA device 23M and an MVSh-M-1 sighting tube for direct fire.